Bone china in the current bone china market in my country can be classified according to raw materials, firing process, color, etc. The following details describe the bone china classified according to the above three aspects.
1. Classified according to the raw materials, the raw materials here refer to bone powder, the main raw material of bone china.
1. Bone meal is natural animal bone meal. Bone china contains more than 25% of bone powder in such raw materials. The other ones cannot be called bone china; for example, the low bone china on the market (the content of natural animal bone powder is about 10%). The bone powder of bone china is preferably natural bovine bone meal. Compared with other herbivores, the bone china fired with bovine bone meal has better whiteness and hardness.
2. Bone meal is a synthetic chemical ingredient. This is the chemical ingredient researched by Zibo to replace the natural animal bone meal, and the synthetic bone meal is added to replace the bone meal. The fired is new bone china, which is a kind of high white porcelain. It is not bone china, and some people call it fake bone china.
3. A mixture of natural bone meal and synthetic ingredients. Possibly so with low bone china. Therefore, bone china can be classified according to the content of bone powder.
Second, according to the firing process to divide.
1. Twice firing. Real bone china, which is made of pure natural bone powder, needs to be fired twice by high temperature biscuit firing and low temperature glaze firing.
2. One time firing. Low bone china or new bone china (fake bone china), that is, using chemical ingredients to replace natural bone meal or natural bone meal content of less than 25%, they are all fired once. Therefore, bone china can be classified according to the firing process. The one-time firing is far inferior to the secondary firing in terms of appearance such as regularity, glaze color, etc. or connotation such as hardness.
3. According to the color, here refers to the color of the porcelain blank.
1. Natural bone meal is milky white. Bone china was originally the milky white color of natural bone meal, with a soft, pure and warm color like jade.
2. Other colors. Because of the purity of bone china, some colorants can also be added to its green body to change its color, such as adding an appropriate amount of copper oxide, the bone china will appear turquoise; adding an appropriate amount of Puhuang will appear ivory yellow, etc.